MAKE YOUR MOVE!
Movember looks at mental health through a male lens, focusing on prevention, early intervention and health promotion. Men are dying before their time. But you can help us change and SAVE lives.
Poor mental health does not discriminate and touches the lives of many around the globe. Almost half (48.1%) of Australian men experience a mental health issue in their lifetime.
Being active is one of the best things you can do to improve your general well-being and mental health, so it's important to MOVE on a regular basis. Being active:
• Helps prevent or manage depression and anxiety
• Improves your general health and wellbeing
• Reduces your risk of heart disease, diabetes and cancer by up to 50%
• Lowers your risk of early death by up to 30%
HOW TO: MOVE IN MOVEMBER
MOVE is a chance for anyone, anywhere to go the distance and raise funds for men’s health and wellbeing. It’s about having fun, doing good, while getting active!
60 MINUTE MOVE CHALLENGE
6 EXERCISES. 60 SECOND ROUNDS. OVER 60 MINUTES.
Are you ready to MOVE for men’s mental health? It will be the most important move you’ll ever make.
Join along at home as we take part in a 60 minute challenge for the 60 men we lose to suicide each hour, every hour across the world.
60 SECOND ROLL A MOVE:
1. STAR JUMPS
2. SIT UPS
3. PUSH UPS
4. HIGH KNEES
5. PLANK HOLD
- Assemble a team!
- Roll a die and complete the corresponding exercise for 60 seconds
- Complete as many rounds as possible in 60 minutes (remember to take breaks!)
- Team member with the most number of rounds completed within 60 minutes WINS the MOVEMBER challenge
Complete as many rounds as possible in 60 minutes! (take breaks where necessary).